The purpose of this document is to define the roles & responsibilities undertaken by web developer’s at Conferma Pay.
The web developer is responsible creating software solutions against requirements from internal and external customers.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Creating technical solutions to a high standard, by applying coding standards and following best practices in all aspects of the role
- Improving the reliability of the Conferma Pay platform by ensuring solutions are fully tested before handover to QA
- Contributing to the continual improvement process by recommending improvements to technologies, processes and practices
- Writing clear release notes to support new features and changes to existing functionality
- Develop software solutions to agreed timescales, standards and KPIs
- Communicate regularly with the development team lead
- Strive to improve personal technical knowledge and experience
- Ensure the highest quality of development and documentation is achieved through adoption of best practices
- Adhere to, and contribute to, development standards including code, processes and technology stacks
- Provide timely and accurate estimates
- Strive to continually improve the efficiency of company processes, through the most appropriate use of technology
- Liaise with solution architects to create new solutions and improve existing ones
- Work closely with testing functions to ensure delivered solutions are robust and fully tested
- Remain aware of appropriate regulatory requirements incumbent on Conferma Pay, including PCI DSS
- In addition to the above, undertake any additional duties as may reasonably be required
Key skills and attributes
Must have the following technical skills:
- Angular 7+
- HTML and CSS
- Angular CLI
- .Net – C#, Web API
Demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Writing responsive web applications
- Writing cross-browser applications
- Restful web services
- Unit testing with Jasmine
- End-to-end testing i.e Protractor, Cypress, etc
- Test driven development
- Clean code
Any experience of the following would be considered an advantage:
- .Net Core
- Secure coding practices
- DevOps – specifically around continuous integration with TFS
Key attributes a web developer should be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to work unsupervised
- Deliver to agreed timescales, or to highlight issues as soon as they arise if likely to affect those timescales
- The ability to work and communicate effectively within a team
- Ability to write unit tests and to understand how to perform integration testing
- Analysing and clarifying requirements
- Analysing and clarifying technical designs
- Perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback to other developers
- Paying attention to the security requirements of working within a PCI-DSS accredited environment, specifically writing secure code
- Communicating effectively throughout the development process with all stake holders and management
- Gain insights of the business within the market based on an understanding of business trends
- Be willing to question requirements, designs and existing standard
Desirable Sector Experience
Experience within either a similar financial technology company or the travel industry, particularly with any of the Global Distribution Software (GDS) such as Amadeus, Galileo, or Sabre, whilst not essential would be highly beneficial in this role.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Team working: Contributes to team and business objectives.
- Change: Demonstrates commitment to process improvement and efficiency in all respects. Identifies barriers to improvement and works actively to remove them.
- Clarity of Thinking: Thinks clearly and quickly about issues. Has an eye for detail and identifies critical information within complex scenarios. Uses the relevant information to make the balanced judgment and follows through to action.
- Empowerment: Understands when to consult or involve others. Remains aware of the bigger picture and identifies what is important. Helps others to resolve complex problems.
- Communication: Communicates in such a way that key messages cannot be missed.
- Knowledge: Demonstrable knowledge of software design and development and uses this effectively.
- Self-Improvement: Committed to learning and being challenged within their role. Will always be looking to improve their skills and knowledge.
Builds and develops strong and professional relationships with:
- Development team leader
- Project managers
- Development team members
- Technical contacts at suppliers and clients
- Key business stakeholders
Development Team Leader