Conferma Pay is a global technology company. Created in 2005 and acquired by Sabre in August 2022 with additional investment from Mastercard just 4 months later, Conferma Pay combines innovation and expertise to consistently find success when pushing the boundaries of what can be achieved in the world of virtual payments.
Conferma Pay connects issuers to hundreds of travel management companies globally, all five major global distribution systems and more than 100 corporate booking tools. Conferma Pay is fully integrated with all major card schemes and serves more than 50 banking partners, who have issued Conferma Pay-generated virtual cards in 100 currencies across 197 countries.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Senior Director, Global Business Development
The Business Development Manager will engage with new and existing business partners to further enhance the use and functionality of the Conferma Pay product offering. In addition, the Business Development Manager will participate in the roll-out of new solutions and projects, and provide on-going technical expertise to business partners, as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty efficiently and independently. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required;
· 5+ years in corporate travel, commercial card or associated industries in a business development or account development capacity
· A strong understanding of either virtual cards
· Experienced in delivery of presentations to Senior Management teams and a knowledge of product development would be desirable.
· Preferred experience in: Financial services, corporate travel, card payments, finance, travel technology systems, procurement systems, expense management systems, business development, project management, product development and enhancements.
· Strong commercial acumen
· Negotiation and Sales skills
· Knowledge of the corporate travel industry and travel technologies
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Confident presentation skills
· IT literate minimum Word, Excel and PowerPoint intermediate
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Organisation and planning ability
· Ability to anticipate and identify customer needs
· Customer focus
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following behaviours:
· Communication: Delivers critical information in an effective and succinct manner to ensure key messages are reflected
· Clarity of Thinking: Thinks clearly and swiftly about issues. Has an eye for detail and identifies critical information within complex scenarios. Uses the relevant information to make the balanced judgment and follows through to action
· Empowerment: Understands when to consult or involve others. Remains aware of the bigger picture and identifies key items. Helps others to resolve complex problems
· Team working: Contributes to team and business objectives
· Change: Demonstrates commitment to process improvement and efficiency in all respects. Identifies barriers to improvement and works to remove them
· Knowledge: Demonstrable product knowledge to aid with sales cycle and representation of product capabilities
· Self-Improvement: Commitment to continuous development of skills and experience
Builds and develops strong and professional relationships with Chief Executive Offer, Managing Director, Chief Product Officer, Director of B2B, Director of Banking Networks, Financial Controller, Chief Operating Officer, Head of Marketing